Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where Can I Buy A Duck Stamp? (and a virtual shotgun)


The political "comic" strip, "Mallard Fillmore" appears in a local newspaper on the Op-Ed page along with the strip, "Doonsbury". This seems to be the newspaper's attempt to balance the alleged liberal bias of "Doonsbury" with that of the attitude expressed by the Duck. The same newspaper carries 2-3 times a week the ravings of Rush's little bro' David and I must admit that I read the Duck while ignoring whatever garbage appears below D. Limbaugh's by-line.

While I read the Duck strip, I almost always am struck by the extreme hyperbole (redundant?) expressed by the Duck's creator. Never content to just point out foibles of the Left (yes, there are some to point out), the Duck takes most everything to an absurd extreme. Today, suggesting that there is no reason to be concerned about what humans are doing to the inhabitability of good old Mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment