Friday, January 14, 2011

What do the following all have in common?






Well, this has been a trying week, technologically and otherwise. To one degree or another, all of these images represent some sort of disfunction in my life and/or that of my dear wife.

First, the Trend Micro Antivirus that I bought for our new Dell (and for our other 2 computers) failed to install no matter what the Best Buy Geeks could do. They finally installed a trial Kaspersky AV that may or may not be working properly. One Geek suggested it was a Microsoft issue.

Next, my Brother wireless printer needed to have its inkjets cleaned again before it would print (that's what I get for not using OEM ink cartridges.

Taking advantage of a free "Showtime" weekend on DirecTV, I recorded several movies at least two of which did not play back correctly leaving poor James Bond in a pickle and some Alien stuck in Viking haunts. The tech at DTV suggested it might be their fault, not my DVR (we'll see).

Today, either the Dell running Windows 7, the Kaspersky AV or the Seagate external drive balked at saving some financial file updates as backups.

Also today, the University Sakai instructional system would not recognize my existence in trying to link to the poli.sci. class I'm taking.




We all know what the remaining image represents as a disfunction.

No comments:

Post a Comment